Finally I managed to get decent pictures of my sock. I put it on yesterday for the photoshoot and did not take it off until I went to bed. It is so soft and slightly cushioned because of the two strands. I have washed it once by hand, but the white yarn should still bloom a bit more next time I wash it.
I am very pleased about the design, but I wish the muted yellow was a different, darker colour with more contrast to the white. When I started out, I was not sure how the transitional yarn would work out, but I wanted to try it out. I have never knitted a fair isle sock before and did not know, how much yarn I would need. In the end I needed a bit more than half a skein: 30g ( a bit over 1 oz) of the white and the transitional yarn. I thought I needed more.
As I have told you before, this design is based on the Snowflake Socks in the Fall 2007 Interweave Knits. The flower design is my own. The heel is knit over half the stitches and I slipped every other stitch to make it a bit sturdier and to keep with the striped design of the sole. The toe is the one I usually do, described here.
For those of you who are interested in this design, I will clean up my chart a bit and post it here as soon as I can!