I Wanted a Red Skirt

This all started when I was “just browsing” at my local fabric store. Well, I managed to leave the store without buying anything, but I had seen a red cotton fabric with pinstripes that I really liked. I few days later I saw this skirt and I knew the perfect fabric for it. I went back, bought the fabric and a zipper and started sewing right away. ( Note so self: Great idea!) I compared the length of the skirt to another one I own and added 1 1/2 inch to the pattern. I wanted the skirt to end right above the knee.

I had fun sewing it, but late at night I was a bit puzzled as to what they wanted me to do regarding the front. After a good night’s sleep I was able to figure it out, but a little drawing would have helped a lot. The other change I made is that I omitted the buttonholes. The front opening is fake anyway, there is an invisible zipper in the side seam.

I am very happy with how the skirt turned out and I especially like the large buttons I found in my stash. I hope the weather warms up a bit so I can wear it.

Pattern: Burda Style 4/2009 #101
Fabric: cotton/lycra blend
Buttons: stash

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “I Wanted a Red Skirt

Comments are closed.